The course is open to advanced undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students. For undergraduates, we accept Junior and Senior standing, 3.5 minimum GPA (or very close to it).
If you are interested in the course, you will need to apply by
January 19th Feb 6th (extended) by emailing the following materials to Prof. Marientina Gotsis – firstname.lastname@example.org: A 300-wordstatement describing your academic and personal background, interests, and travel experience; also explain why you think you will benefit from this class and how it may advance your creative, scholarly, or professional practice.
- A 300-word abstract relevant to the workshop theme that describes a current or speculative project you want to work on (e.g., film, paper, etc.) – OPTIONAL
- A CV or resume of any length (include your GPA)*
- Portfolio link(s) of any media (if applicable) – p.s. don’t go crazy making a new website from scratch if you do not have one; send links of what you have and describe your work a bit more in your statement.*
- Formal writing samples: technical, creative, or scientific (1-3 samples of papers, reports, websites, etc.)*
- A copy of your current passport (even if expired)
- Contact info of 2 references or 1 written letter of recommendation emailed directly to the instructor
- If you have any plans to bring professional gear into museums and cultural heritage sites with the intention of photography or filming to produce professional media, prepare to be chased away unless you have applied for and received permission by the Ministry of Culture. Each museum and cultural site may have their own regulations. Greece is very sensitive to analog and digital cultural poaching, appropriation, and privacy rules.
*waived/optional if you have already taken a class with Marientina Gotsis (e.g., CTIN 503 Spring 2019) or you are a current or former mentored student.
If you are
USC student applications decisions will be made by February 3rd.
Additional administrative requirements will be posted that must be completed in a timely manner for your participation in the course. Booking early will also guarantee cost savings.
Acceptance Decisions sent to students:
Feb 3 Feb 10 (extended)
Students sign Intent to Register Agreement: Feb 28
Students Register: Mar 27
All Travel Booked: April 10
Orientation Meeting: April 17 week sometime
Students Forms/fees are due: April 30